ABOUT STAY ON YOUR FEET
Stay on your Feet (SOYF) is the regional strategy that supports healthy, active aging for older adults.
Healthy Aging – live your best life
We are living longer and the number of older adults in our community is growing. That’s good news. As we age, our minds and bodies change. Stay on Your Feet promotes ways you can stay strong, stay active, stay social, and live your best life as you age.
Stay on Your Feet
Stay on Your Feet is a regional strategy aimed at improving the quality of life for older adults across northeastern Ontario. Funded by Ontario Health North East and in partnership with the five public health units, SOYF works with a multitude of partners in five key areas:
- Strengthen Community Action – older adults and partners set priorities and direction
- Develop Personal Skills – older adults have options to improve their health
- Create Supportive Environments – communities and services reinforce healthy options for older adults
- Build Healthy Public Policy – organizations, local and provincial governments support older adults to remain healthy and live independently through policies that promote health
- Reorient (Health) Services – everyone does their part to make healthy aging possible for all
“It takes a community….”