Slow Toe Taps
This is a sample of a Kitchen Sink exercise you can do at home. This exercise is done while supporting yourself by holding onto a stable surface, such as a kitchen sink.
Before you start your exercises be sure to check the following: Do you feel OK? Have you eaten? Are you wearing shoes that have a non-slip bottom? Is there any clutter, or things you could trip over around you?
- Stand facing the kitchen sink. Hold on with both hands.
- Starting with the right foot keep the heel on the floor and lift your toes up.
- Count 1, 2, 3 while you lift your toes and then lower them and relax.
- Repeat with the left foot. Lift, 1, 2, 3 lower, relax.
- Continue to do this 3 to 5 times with each foot. Do them slowly.
Gradually add one or more repetitions every few days until you can do this 15 times with each foot.
- How are you feeling after this exercise?
- Are you ready to continue?
Check out the Healthy Aging Toolkit page for more sample Kitchen Sink exercises.