In an effort to avoid or improve weak muscles and stiff joints you can plan regular physical activity and gradually increase it. Resources en Français: https://move50plus.ca
How to add physical activity to your daily routine;
Join an exercise or fitness program, appropriate to your fitness needs and level.
- Join a specialized program designed to help those with conditions such as osteoporosis.
- See a physiotherapist or kinesiologist for specialized exercises.
- Contact local support groups to ask about their activities.
Before you start your exercises be sure to check the following:
- Do you feel OK?
- Have you eaten?
- Check your footwear. Are you wearing shoes with a non-slip bottom?
- Check your surroundings. Is there any clutter, or things you could trip over around you?